As smartphones continue to evolve, they are become more essential in the lives of many of us. Sometimes more than a phone, it is a photo album, the best music library or a tool for school or work, so losing does not mean only a monetary loss, but valuable files and sometimes irreplaceable.
One way to make your phone return to your hands is to use Find my iPhone (Find my iPhone) , a built-in application with www.iCloud.com Apple devices (iPhone, iPod, iPad and Mac) to locate on a map the direction of your gadget. Using it is very simple, take a look at the following instructions to configure it. You know what they say, “better safe than sorry.” Also we have article on how to login gmail.com from here.
Apple’s Find my iPhone : Login Page
SETTING (requires iOS 5 operating system)
1. Open the menu Settings on your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
2. Select Panel iCloud (remember to make use of this service must have an Apple ID , if you have not created an account,check our tutorial explaining how to do below.
3. At the end of the list find the option “Find My iPhone “ , check the box and make sure that it is always turned on because it depends on that in an emergency can be tracked.
How to create an Apple ID?
once you have chosen the type of payment and entered the information click on Create Apple ID.
How to Find My iPhone?
Suppose you forgot your phone somewhere, maybe even in your own house is under the chair and did not know, for that Find my iPhone (better known as Find my iPhone ) has different ways of recovering to use the application you need another iOS device;. if not looking for someone to lend you one to have at least the iOS version 3.1.1 installed. Now, to find it!
1. the first thing to do is download the application Find my iPhone , it is available in the App Store and is free . As I mentioned earlier, is compatible with iPhone , iPod touch and iPad that are running iOS 3.1.1 or later. We leave here download link .
2. Once downloaded, enter your Apple ID and password . The display devices with appear Find My iPhone on, and are registered with your own account. 3. The location is automatically updated when the device is on, so if it fell into the wrong hands or I was little battery better hasty. Choose the one you’re looking for and the map indicating the location will open. It is at this point you have to choose the tool that best suits you to retrieve it: make a sound or send a message Suppose you realize that the address is the same in which you find yourself, it means that probably no one has taken and is only very well hidden. Select the blue arrow next to the name of your iPhone and several options will be displayed. If you press “Play a sound or send a message”, the next window will allow you to activate an alert sound with maximum phone volume (even if you you’ve left in silence). Suppose now that you left in a public place, you can turn off the sound and instead write a message to the person you found it knows how to contact you (yes, there are people who kindly does). you lock If the results you obtained with the first tool were not successful, you have the option to lock your device with a code. Nobody wants a stranger inspecting our stuff so your smartphone or tablet will be safe until they return or until you feel cramped several times the wrong code. DELETE The most risky option, but sometimes necessary. If you absolutely all attempts were unsuccessful, and the chances of you get your team are virtually 0%, it is safer to delete the content. Especially when it comes to phones, there are always numbers of family and friends, addresses, documents or photos, you definitely want to hide from others. He believes that this action is irreversible, as indicated by the legend that appears when you ask if you are certain action. the good news is that thanks to cloud service iCloud, you recover all files that have been on your device the last time you backed up your files. Note : This same process can follow from a Mac or PC, if that’s what you get closer. To do this you must enter www.icloud.com and log in the same way, enter your Apple ID and follow the steps I explained.
Find My iPhone for iPhone and iPad
The icon of this app is quite explicit as it is a radar working. With this insurance you give an idea of what the application does. Al inciar, a registration window opens. Then another with paired devices are displayed. Photo out of these, the last location and a blue arrow for more options. Overall, the design is simple; uses few colors, except for Google maps.
Most people think that you can not download or it takes to be a MobileMe service, but in reality, to have an iPhone 4 or iPad, you can access the tool at no cost. Only one email address is required to create a user in the iTunes store. By clicking on one of the paired devices, a window with the map and its location is displayed. By clicking on the blue arrow is next to the name, options appear as beeping, send message, lock and wipe the device. COMPATIBILITY iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Desktop Experience is a good tool as long as the phone is connected to a 3G or Wi-Fi network, otherwise it is useless. Generally works well, although it has received some criticism that their service is a little slow and inaccurate. LAST UPDATE August 8, 2011
Find your iPhone if you have lost at home and is silent
Find my iPhone is a service of those who contribute much value to owning an Apple product, which is built into the system. In addition to help us to find our iDevice if we have stolen or we have lost, we can also take advantage of this if we lose the iPhone at home and we have it in silence, as you will trigger an alarm.
If it has not happened to you, surely you ever you have raised. Never got your head in place and are a disaster, you lose everything comes the day that you lose your iPhone at home and you have it in silence , so the old trick of calling yourself does not work. what do you do? you may be like has a crush on the couch cushions, which has fallen God knows where or simply do not want to waste time looking for it.
For to deal with this situation there is a solution and we can get out of it gracefully thanks to Find my iPhone. To do this we must come to it from the web of iCloud , on a computer, or from the application of Find my iPhone from any iDevice. But this trick is not limited to the loss of an iPhone, we can also find the iPad or iPod touch if we are at home and is lost . For the latter two will not work the trick outside a place where they have been connected to the Wi-Fi network before, because they lack data connection (except iPad Wi-Fi + 4G) and will be out of action.
Although generally the Find my iPhone service is enabled by default in our device when we activate it , it is not more you review if still on for the day you need it do not take a nasty surprise. Without more, we leave the steps to find your precious device:
How to configure iCloud?
Many know the existence of iCloud and we know what it does, but not everyone knows set correctly on all computers. Here we show a simple guide that allows you to configure iCloud correctly on your Windows or Mac computer and your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
As you all know, it is the iCloud cloud service from Apple and is available for all devices running iOS5, but not all know configured correctly.
Before we talk more about how to configure it, there are three minimum requirements to enjoy all its advantages:
- You have to be installed on your computer (Mac or Windows) the latest version of iTunes (10.5).
- Your Apple devices need to be updated to the latest version of iOS (minimum iOS 5 ).
- Have an Apple ID , if you have not you can create one from the web
With this, we started to set .
For iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Connect your device to your computer making sure you have the latest version of iTunes (10.5)
- Follow the instructions in iTunes to connect your Apple ID on your device.
- opens iCloud
- The program will detect your device and ask you for your Apple ID to synchronize. Once synchronized, in this window you can enable or disable the service.
- In the iCloud icon Settings You can enable or disable services that you want to synchronize (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Safari Bookmarks, Notes, your photos, documents and even Find my iPhone). You have 5 GB free that can be expanded with annual installments.
- What is iCloud Backup ? If you enter the Storage tab, you will find a button on-off called “iCloud BLACKUP”. What this feature does is make a backup on the hard disk of all that you have in the cloud , including your photos, documents and account settings .
- In your general settings, go to the Shop section. There you can enable automatic downloading of music, applications and books. This in order to synchronize these elements on all of your iOS devices.You can also set whether you want to do with 3G network or only on Wi-Fi.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Lion . If you do not, you can check for updates on the icon of the block that is on your status bar on the left side of your screen.
- When you upgrade your OS, the panel of System Preferences can have the iCloud icon.
- Opens iCloud.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- In the icon Settings You can enable or disable services you want to synchronize (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Safari bookmarks, notes, your photos, documents and even Find my Mac).
- Once configured, open iPhoto (from version 9.2 or later) or Aperture (version 3.2 and above) and activate the Photo Stream from the icon located on the left side bar of your screen. In this folder are automatically uploaded your last 1,000 new photos and automatically erased a month of being uploaded.
- To enable automatic downloads on your Mac you have to go to iTunes and select Preferences.
- Once there, click on Store and select what you want to sync (music, apps or books).
For Windows PCs
- Lower from here the iCloud Control Panel for Windows on your computer. (You require Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or Windows 7).
- Opens iCloud from: Control Panel / Internet & Networks / iCloud.
- Enter your Apple ID ( requires Outlook 2007 or 2010, Safari 5.1.1 or Internet Explorer 8 to synchronize mail and calendar).
- In the icon Settings or Setup you can enable or disable services you want to synchronize (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Safari bookmarks, notes, photos and documents) We remind you only need 5GB of free storage.
- To turn on automatic downloads on your PC you have to open iTunes and select Edit / Preferences / Store and choose what you want to sync (music, apps or books).
It is also good to say that if you activate “Mail” with iCloud , allow us to create an account in Apple Mail(email@example.com), the interesting thing about this new e-mail account is the ability to get our mail technology “Push “ , ie we receive our emails instantly. Moreover, this account is within the free iCloud space (5GB) that can be extended by paying an annual fee.
Then we leave a table with prices for these “extras” memory for our cloud service.